Keynotes & Presentations
I thought the workshop was fantastic! I am an introvert, unless I need to be extroverted (e.g., teaching classes, presenting at conferences). I found many of the tips very helpful in changing my perspective about interacting at networking events. You made the workshop very fun and interesting! I recently took a half day improv workshop at Second City in Hollywood, but never connected how useful it could be in networking situations!
-Gregory Canillas, Ph.D., Adjunct Faculty, Psychology,
I had the good fortune to attend an interactive Leadership seminar at which Lisa Safran was the featured presenter. From the moment Lisa took the stage to the moment she signed off, she had attendees engaged and attentive. Her delivery was energized by her enthusiasm and comfort level on a stage, in front of an audience, with a microphone in hand. She was as amused and delighted by us - the audience - as we were by her - the speaker, the improv master, the communications expert. She fully filled the hour with compelling stories and inspired ideas and interactive activities, giving each of us valuable takeaways regarding being better listeners, being more comfortable public speakers, and being more accepting of interpersonal communications with friends, family, and business colleagues. Lisa was very well received by this largely professional audience and I highly recommend her to any organization looking for messages of inspiration and information.
-Linda Rimac Colberg, Writer,
Colberg & Company, Inc.
Lisa joined our organization, the Parity Professional Program (P3), to teach our members how to project confidence and develop their Executive Presence. We are so lucky to have found Lisa! Her activities were engaging, unique, and above all, fun. Lisa creates a comfortable and welcoming space for participants that allows for genuine collaboration and trust building. Lisa's workshop was a great opportunity four our community to build new relationships, embrace positivity, and reframe our mindsets around failure. In the spirit of the improv tenant Lisa shared - always make your partner look good- we highly recommend Lisa's programs for individuals and groups. Thank you Lisa for sharing your knowledge with our community!
Lead With Confidence: Improv(e) Your Way to New Heights in Executive Presence
Each person striving to communicate with executive presence needs to develop her own authentic way or brand. One with presence might be magnetic or charismatic but equally could be someone quiet and contemplative and these qualities might be interchangeable depending on the situation. It all depends on the unique character of the individual. This is good news. It means that anyone is capable of strengthening and developing their Executive Presence.
- Learn to apply a rich toolbox of skills business leaders must learn to master
- The body language of confidence
- How to effectively express your voice in support of you and those around you
- Cultivate the trust you need to move ideas forward
Build Strategic Relationships Through Improvisation Networking
This Interactive keynote will support participants in developing strategies for effective communication and improve ability to think on one’s feet, be creative and see things with a fresh perspective. Developing relationships with new strategic partners, subject matter experts, and centers of influence is essential for career building, and an engaging professional presence and ability to connect is the key.
- Enhance listening skills
- Discover commonalities to support greater connection during networking
- Learn strategies to strengthen confidence and have more ease in business networking situations
- Develop increased confidence for speaking extemporaneously
- Refine your key message/value proposition
Create Dynamic Presentations Through Improvisation
Whether your goal is to use improv as a tool for business or to enhance your life, you will walk away with a sense of freedom and empowerment that only this art form can bring. Are you ready to create something dynamic out of being spontaneous?
• Increase confidence when speaking extemporaneously
• Learn strategies for engaging your audience
• Learn creative approaches to presentations
• Increase your capabilities to communicate more powerfully
• Develop executive presence and shine as a leader
Inspire Something Dynamic Out of Being Spontaneous: Shifting Mindset After Trauma
What does it mean to say “Yes, and” to all that life has to offer? After surviving the South East Asia Tsunami, Lisa Safran began a journey embracing the Yes, And- resulting in big changes and a whole new career.
• Cultivate an attitude, of “Now I can do anything”
• Feel inspired to make bold choices
• Gain powerful insights into yourself to support moving your business forward
Improvising 160 Miles on the Camino in Spain
This keynote is for people interested in walking the Camino in Portugal and Spain. Lisa takes the audience on her journey as she processed the loss of her mother as she walked step by step on the cobble stone roads through small villages, towns, and meandering forests and down to the sea.
• Applying improvisation to complete a journey
• Processing grief while walking daily
An Improvised Journey into Language Acquisition
This keynote for educators discusses the stages of 2nd language acquisition and how to apply improvisation to support literacy development.
• Learn strategies for engaging students in language arts
• Develop lessons to support particular subject areas